Wednesday, November 10, 2010

All I want for Christmas is a family

If Victoria knows what Christmas is then I am sure what she wants for Christmas is a family. 

I had tears coming down my face two nights ago as I held my 8 month old.  You see she was sick and couldn't quit coughing.  I held her and comforted her until she was able to comfortably fall asleep on me.  We slept in a chair, so that she could be elevated and breath easier.  I wasn't upset by this inconvenience to my sleep, oh no.  I was grateful that I was able to be there for my baby in her time of need.  I was thankful that she could lay her head on my chest and feel secure.  The tears came when I realized that Victoria has never had that experience.  When she is sick no one is there to comfort her.  If she is hurt, she has learned to soothe herself.  Nightly she puts herself to sleep, there is no story time.  There is no good night kiss and tuck ins.  If she wakes up in the middle of the night with a bad dream, she does not have someone to tell her it is ok and make sure she can go back to sleep.  It makes me cry for this little girl who has seen other children being picked.  Other children getting hugs and kisses from their new Mama's and Papa's and wondering when hers are coming.  I look at the link in the post below and see her sweet smile and it amazes me that she can smile like that in world she lives in.  Can you imagine her smile if she had a family?  Are you her family?  Will you be the one to comfort her?  Will you be the one to give her good night kisses and tuck her in?  Will you be her Santa Claus?  Will you give her the best gift of all?  Will you be her family?

I leave you with a link to the song ""All I Want For Christmas Is A Family"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment