Saturday, November 6, 2010

Victoria's Life

I don't know if I will be truly able to describe to you what a day is like for Victoria, but I am going to try.  Well I guess decribing the day is not hard.  She sits in her bed.   That's it.  She is left in her bed all day.  Some children like Victoria are tied to their bed.  This is because they can get out of it, but can't walk.  She will come in contact with someone when they come to give her food and change her clothes.  She may get feed everyday, but she probably does not get changed that often.  That is the contact that she has with her caregivers.  It is not because her caregivers don't want to do more, but there is probably only 2 caregivers for 30-40 kids.  They are truly busy women.  She craves attention.  She wants someone to love her, but because she cannot walk she is left in her bed.  How do I know she craves attention?  I know because a beautiful organization life2oprhans comes into her institution and plays with the kids.  I sure they don't come everyday, but if you have seen the pictures in the link then you have seen how she lights up when they do.  Please share this blog and Victoria's picture, so her family can find her.  Please help her, so she can learn what life is like outside of her bed.    

No comments:

Post a Comment