Friday, October 26, 2012

Fatherless Friday - Carolina

It is that time again, Friday.  It is time to learn of a new lovey that needs a family.  This little girl has a bunch of people that have been raising money for her.  This means if we can find her a family they will be half way funded for the adoption.  This means that with the adoption tax credit you could possibly give a child a family and receive the money back that you had to pay.  Look at this beauty, she looks like she would make daughter and sister.  Please read, share, link, so that maybe her family will find her.

Now some of my ramblings for the week.  My husband, oh how I love him, taught me something this week.  He taught me that my perspective of people and children are not shared by most.  He taught me that while I find it easy to see others perspective and mine at the same time, most people have a big problem with this.  He read last weeks blog post and said how could you want to bring home a child with special needs.  He said I would feel so bad for a kid with missing limbs.  He thinks he would feel bad for them everyday, because he feels bad for Max and his spots.  I reminded him that Oscar Pitorious just raced in the Olympics and he is missing two legs.  I thought how could you feel bad.  Then I thought some more.  My husband feels bad for Max, because he might be picked on by others due to his spots or he might miss out on parts of life because of them.  He would be afraid for an adopted child for the same reason.  It is all about perspective.  When I see any orphan I see a child who wants to be a part of a family.  A child that wants to be loved.  I don't see special needs or age as something that would be sad.  I see them in a family as happy.  No matter what they would face in America it would be 100 times better than what they are going through now.  Now they get fed maybe two to three times a day the bare minimum amount of food.  Food that we would not consider food.  They are not played with,  they are just left to sit or play with one of a handful of toys for the group.  They are not loved.  If they wear diapers they maybe changed twice a day, because diapers are expensive and they can't afford to change them more than that. There are three caregivers for 50 kids.  They can only do so much, but they don't have enough time in the day to take good care of all of the kids.  All children want to know that they are loved.  Most children with special needs don't know what it is like to not have them.  They don't feel bad for themselves.  They only know how to react based on how their family reacts to them.  Please see these children just as that, children.  Children who want a family, who want to be loved, who want to know that someone will not give up on them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment