Friday, October 19, 2012

Fatherless Friday Victoria

I know I have not been doing a good job with this, but the last 3 weeks have been crazy.  I want to get back at this and get to doing it every week.  What a better way to get back in gear than the girl who started this blog, Victoria.  You can read her Reece's Rainbow Profile here.  I have put that on this blog already.  I want to tell you what I see when I look at this beauty, so this is going to be a little rambling.  If you know me then you know I want to adopt, but my husband is not on the same page.  I would adopt in a couple of years.  I would ideally pick two kids that would nicely fit in between Kenzie and Max.  This way Kenzie would still be the oldest and Max would still be the baby.  I would be up for some special needs, but nothing to big (sorry not trying to be offensive), something like missing limb, clubbed feet, hearing loss.  So how does that even fit into this post about Victoria.  She is almost ten years old, she has AMC, she is nothing like the dream.  Why would I tell you all of that.  Well even with all the things she is not if I could adopt right now, I wouldn't choose the dream.  I would choose Victoria.  I would choose her smile, her beautiful eyes, I would choose her in all of her imperfectness.  How a girl that has lived in one of the worst special needs institutions in Eastern Europe can still smile, I don't know.  She has nothing going for her, she is old when it comes to orphans.  People want babies, so they can enjoy all of those first.  I promise people everything will be a first for Victoria too.  Her first birthday, her first Christmas  her first step, she has nothing, so everything she does and sees will be a first and she is not a baby.  She will remember all of those firsts.  She will be able to tell you and show you how much she loves all of the firsts.  Most of her day consists of sitting in a bed with no interaction, but the kids sitting in their beds next to her.  She does not have toys or anything to occupy her time.  She should be playing outside with her family and going to pick out the perfect pumpkin   She should be choosing what she wants to dress up as for Halloween.  She should have long beautiful hair, pretty dresses, and cute polished nails.  She should have a family that loves her for her.  If she was born here she would be up walking going to school.  Nobody would look at her and be afraid of her special needs.  She would have been encouraged from day one and taken to great doctors that could fix her legs and she would be up walking around.  She wasn't born her in a family that has taken her to doctors and made sure her needs were met.  She has nothing, but her smile would make you believe that she has hope.  She is a beautiful girl that wants to get down and play.  She wants to learn and just be a girl.  Someone please see the beautiful girl that I do.  Really look into her eyes and see the hope, see her potential, see her.  Imagine how big that smile would be if she could just be a kid.  Oh somebody make my year and go get this girl and let me see that smile.  Please share her.  Please I will beg for her please share her.  You never know where or who her family is, please share this beautiful girl.  

1 comment:

  1. Victoria has a family! She moved onto the MFFM page this morning! I keep refreshing your blog waiting to see the celebratory news. :)

    ReplyDelete